Short-form, vertical videos have become a popular and effective way for businesses to connect with their audiences. Short-form videos can range from 15 seconds to 3 minutes, depending on the platform. The benefits of short-form video marketing are numerous, making it an essential part of any digital marketing strategy for SMEs.
One of the main advantages of short-form video marketing is high levels of engagement. Compared to static images, short-form video posts on social media platforms tend to attract more likes, shares, and reactions. This type of video content is more digestible for audiences, who prefer bite-sized amounts of information that they can quickly process. This is particularly important in a fast-paced world where users tend to have shorter attention spans.
Short-form videos can also yield good ROI for SMEs. With the high conversion rates associated with this type of content, more marketers are paying attention to it. Additionally, adding short-form videos to a website can improve its SEO, as visitors are more likely to stay on the site for longer periods of time. Short-form videos are also easily repurposed, making it simpler to reuse content across multiple platforms.
In terms of trends, some key areas to focus on include user-generated content, soundless optimization, social media video ads, product teasers, influencer ads, explainer or educational videos, and FAQs. For B2C businesses, short-form videos are a great way to showcase products and reach new audiences. For B2B businesses, short-form videos can be used to highlight the benefits of their services and provide thought leadership content that engages their target audience.
- Leveraging user-generated content: User-generated content is a powerful marketing tool that allows businesses to showcase their products or services through the eyes of their customers. SMEs can encourage their customers to share their experiences through photos, videos, and reviews, and then share this content on their website and social media channels. This approach can increase brand trust and authenticity and help SMEs build a community of engaged customers.
- Optimizing videos for soundless environments: As more people watch videos without sound, it’s important to optimize videos for soundless environments. This involves using captions, text overlays, and other visual elements to convey the message of the video without relying on sound. SMEs can benefit from this trend by ensuring that their videos are accessible to all users, regardless of whether or not they can hear the audio.
- Using social media video ads to promote products or services: Social media video ads are an effective way for SMEs to reach new audiences and increase engagement. With the ability to target specific demographics and interests, SMEs can create video ads that are tailored to their target audience. These ads can be used to promote new products, sales, or events and drive traffic to a website or landing page.
- Creating teasers to pique interest in upcoming products or promotions: Product teasers are a great way to create anticipation and generate excitement around upcoming products or promotions. SMEs can use teasers on social media, their website, or through email marketing campaigns to generate interest and encourage customers to stay engaged with their brand.
- Partnering with influencers to reach new audiences and increase engagement: Influencer marketing has become increasingly popular among SMEs in recent years. Partnering with influencers who have a strong following in your target market can help you reach new audiences and increase engagement. Influencers can promote your products or services through sponsored posts, videos, or other types of content, and can help you build brand awareness and trust.
- Producing educational or explanatory videos and answering frequently asked questions to provide value to audiences: Educational or explanatory videos are a great way for SMEs to provide value to their audiences. By answering frequently asked questions or providing in-depth information on a specific topic, SMEs can position themselves as thought leaders and experts in their field. This can help build trust and loyalty among their customers, and attract new customers who are interested in learning more about their products or services.
Overall, short-form, vertical videos are an essential part of any digital marketing strategy for SMEs. By embracing this trend and creating engaging and informative video content, businesses can connect with their audiences in a more personalized way and drive better results. At Gravitable, we can help SMEs create effective short-form video marketing campaigns that generate results. Contact us today to learn more!